Almond Tart Dough
Use this nutty tart dough to make our Fresh Green Tart.
- Yield: Makes enough for one 13 1/2-by-4-inch tart
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2003
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons whole almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons ice water
In a food processor, pulse the flour, almonds, sesame seeds, salt, and spices. Add butter and process until mixture resembles coarse meal. With machine running, add egg yolk and ice water through the feed tube in a slow, steady stream. Process until dough just comes together
Turn out dough onto a clean work surface. Flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic; chill at least 1 hour or overnight.