Part of sangria's appeal is the creative combinations it inspires. In this version, cinnamon sticks add another layer of flavor.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2003
- 1 cup seedless red or black grapes
- 1 lemon, sliced and seeded
- 1 orange, sliced and seeded
- 2 apples, red and green, cored and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar, or more as desired
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1 750-ml bottled chilled dry red wine
- 1 cup orange juice
In a pitcher, combine grapes, lemon, orange, and apples. Sprinkle with sugar, and stir to combine. Add Grand Marnier, brandy, and cinnamon; let sit at least 1 hour at room temperature. Stir in wine and orange juice. Sweeten with more sugar, if desired. Discard cinnamon sticks, and serve chilled.