Blue Cheese Dressing with Basil
We tossed this tangy dressing with chilled romaine lettuce and thinly sliced red onions for a simple yet satisfying side.
- Yield: Makes about 2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2002
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese, such as Danish blue or Roquefort (4 ounces)
- Freshly ground pepper
In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, garlic, salt, honey, and vinegar until smooth. Fold in basil and blue cheese. Season with pepper and more salt, as desired. Cover with plastic wrap; store in the refrigerator until ready to use, up to 3 days.