Ras El Hanout
Use this North-African spice mix to season Sweet Dumpling Squash with Moroccan Vegetable Stew.
- Yield: Makes about 1/4 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 2003
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Place all the ingredients in a jar. Cover tightly, and shake to combine. Store in a cool, dry place up to 6 months.