These spicy ground-lamb meatballs are served with a cooling yogurt mint sauce.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2003
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 4 teaspoons Spice Mixture for Couscous Salad
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 onion, grated on the large holes of a box grater (1/2 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Yogurt Mint Sauce, for serving
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except oil and yogurt sauce. Mix thoroughly with your hands or a wooden spoon. Form mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls, and flatten into ovals or football shapes, about 1/4 inch thick.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add half the lamb patties. Cook until first side is golden brown, about 3 minutes; flip patties, and cook 2 minutes more. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
Wipe skillet with a paper towel; heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil. Repeat process with the remaining lamb patties. Serve warm or at room temperature with yogurt sauce on the side.