Dressed Feta Cheese
Thin slices of feta are drizzled with a dressing of scallion, herbs, and olive oil. We particularly like the flavor and firm texture of Bulgarian feta cheese, which is easy to slice.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2003
- 1 pound feta cheese, drained well
- 5 large sprigs fresh dill
- 5 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 scallion, including green parts
- 1 teaspoon whole pink peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Cut feta into 1/2-inch-thick slices, wiping knife each time to keep cheese from crumbling. Arrange on a serving dish.
Pick leaves from herbs, and chop finely. Slice scallion into thin rounds. Combine herbs and scallion in a small bowl; stir in peppercorns, red-pepper flakes, and 1 tablespoon oil. Spoon herb mixture over feta. Drizzle with remaining tablespoon oil, and serve.