Plum and Pineapple Sangria
Pineapple gives this sangria a tropical twist.
- Yield: Makes about 2 1/4 quarts
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2003
- 1 pineapple, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cored
- 4 ripe but firm plums, pitted and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar, or more as desired
- 3 ounces Cointreau
- 3 ounces brandy
- 1 750-ml bottle chilled fruity red wine
- 1 1/3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup sparkling water or seltzer
Cut half of the pineapple into 3/4-inch-thick spears and the other half into 1-inch chunks. Transfer all pineapple to a pitcher, and add plums. Sprinkle with sugar, and stir to combine. Add Cointreau and brandy; let sit at least 1 hour at room temperature. Stir in wine, pineapple juice, and sparkling water. Sweeten with more sugar, if desired, and serve chilled.