Bucheron with Cucumbers, Basil, and Figs
Bucheron is a tangy, mild goat cheese. We like to serve it drizzled with a deep, intensely flavored extra-virgin olive oil.
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2003
- 1 baguette, halved lengthwise and cut into 3-inch-long pieces
- 1/2 pound Bucheron or other soft goat cheese, sliced
- 6 fresh figs, halved, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 sprig basil, for garnish
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet. Toast in oven, turning once, until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from oven, and set aside on a serving plate.
Arrange the cheese with the figs on serving plates. Allow to come to room temperature. Drizzle the oil over the cheese. Slice cucumbers into spears, peeling skins if waxy, and place, as desired, around cheese. Garnish with basil. Serve with toast on the side.