Cucumber, Corn, and Crab Salad
We serve this salad on whole-grain toast as an open-face sandwich, but it is also delicious mounded on a bed of crisp salad greens.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2002
- 1 1/2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over and rinsed
- 2 ears corn, kernels cut from cob
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Cucumber Vinaigrette
- Freshly ground pepper
Sprinkle cucumber lightly with salt, and place in a fine sieve set over a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and place in refrigerator 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well; discarding liquid.
Combine crabmeat, corn, onion, avocado, cucumber, and 1/2 cup cucumber vinaigrette in a large bowl, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator until ready to serve.