Fresh Whiskey Sours
Fresh Whiskey Sours are made from just-squeezed lemon and orange juice. Each glass is rimmed with a sugar halo and garnished with a fresh orange slice.
- Yield: Makes 4 drinks
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2002
- 1 1/4 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- Sanding sugar, for glasses
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 ounces bourbon
- 2 cups ice cubes
- orange or lemon slices, for garnish
Prepare 4 glasses: Place 1/4 cup orange juice in a shallow dish. Fill another shallow dish 1/2-inch deep with sanding sugar. Dip rims of glasses into juice and then into sugar. Chill in refrigerator 10 minutes.
Place remaining 1 cup orange juice, sugar, lemon juice, and bourbon in a blender. Fill blender to top with ice. Blend until smooth, and transfer to prepared glasses. Garnish with orange or lemon slices.