Tropical Fruit and Crab Salsa
We served this chunky salsa in seashells as an hors d'oeuvre with cocktails, but would be a tropical treat if served with your favorite fried plantain chips.
- Yield: Makes 4 1/2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2002
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and sliced into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 jalapeÃ±o pepper, seeds and ribs removed, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over and rinsed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine onion, mango, papaya, pineapple, jalapeno, lime juice, and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss well to combine. Add crabmeat, and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.