Use this cucumber-peanut dipping sauce with our Cucumber Summer Rolls, which are made of thinly sliced cucumbers wrapped around shrimp, rice vermicelli, and Thai basil leaves.
- Yield: Makes about 1 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2002
- 1 kirby cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Pulse until they are finely chopped but not pureed. Serve, or store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 days.