You can use other types of firm, white-fleshed fish, or even shrimp or chicken for this grilled dish.
- Servings: 8
Photography: Victoria Pearson
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2002
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 to 3 sprigs thyme, oregano, or other herbs
- 1 1/2 pounds mahimahi fillets
Make marinade: Combine olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin seeds, pepper, and herbs in a large resealable plastic bag or airtight plastic container. Shake well to combine.
Add fish, and shake gently to coat well with the marinade. Refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
Heat grill or grill pan. Remove fish from marinade, letting excess drip off; grill until it is browned on the outside and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Serve hot or at room temperature.