This sweet-and-tart salsa is a great accompaniment to grilled fish or chicken.
- Yield: Makes about 1 quart
Photography: Victoria Pearson
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2002
- 1/2 large (or 1 small) pineapple, peeled, cored, and diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 small yellow or orange bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and let stand at least 30 minutes to let flavors develop. Serve, or store, covered in plastic wrap, in refrigerator up to 1 day.