Use this recipe to make our Chopped Lemongrass Chicken Salad. This marinade may be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator for two days.
- Yield: Makes 1 2/3 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2001
- 4 stalks lemongrass, tough outer leaves removed, cut into pieces
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mirin (Japanese cooking wine)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
Add lemongrass, ginger, garlic, and shallots through feed tube of a food processor with motor running. Process until very finely chopped. Add sugar, mirin, and fish sauce; process until pureed, scraping sides as needed. With motor running, slowly add oil; process until incorporated.