Honeydew Cucumber Soup
We served this cool, refreshing soup in demitasse cups and filled the saucers with ice to keep it chilled.
- Servings: 16
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2001
- 1 ripe honeydew melon, rind and seeds removed, cut into chunks
- 4 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, cut in chunks
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
Place honeydew in a food processor; puree until smooth. Line a bowl with a double thickness of cheesecloth; transfer puree to bowl. Gather cheesecloth; tie into a bundle. Suspend bundle from a spoon; hang over a bowl, collecting juices in bowl, for 1 hour to yield 4 cups liquid.
Place cucumbers in a food processor; puree until smooth. Add 1/4 cup creme fraiche, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and salt; puree until smooth. Add honeydew liquid; puree until combined. Chill well before serving. Serve with a small dollop of creme fraiche and a cilantro leaf.