Grated Vegetables with Herb Cream Cheese Tea Sandwiches
Your vegetarian guests will love these tea sandwiches of grated vegetables like carrots, cucumbers, or radishes.
- Yield: Makes 4 dozen
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2002
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch red radishes, cleaned and trimmed
- 3 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled
- 48 thin slices wheat bread
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, parsley, oregano, rosemary, and thyme; stir well. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside. Grate radishes, carrots, and cucumber into separate bowls.
Spread a thin layer of herb cream cheese on two slices of bread. Cover one slice with an even layer of one of the grated vegetables (use only one in each), and top with other bread slice. Use a serrated knife to trim crusts and cut in half diagonally into two triangles. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cover with damp paper towels until ready to serve.