Bacon-and-Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches
A tea sandwich becomes breakfast-worthy thanks to hard-boiled eggs and bacon.
- Yield: Makes 3 dozen
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2002
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 slices bacon (about 5 ounces), cooked and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 18 thin slices white bread
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
Place chopped eggs in a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise, mustard, cayenne, and bacon; stir to combine. Add hot-pepper sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
Thinly spread butter on two slices of bread; cover one slice with egg salad, and top with other slice. Use a serrated knife to trim crusts and cut into four squares. Dip one edge in chopped chives. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cover with damp paper towels until ready to serve.