Smoked Duck and Chutney Butter Tea Sandwiches
For your tea sandwiches, balance flavors and textures by partnering spreads and fillings of contrasting tastes like we did here with smoked duck and chutney butter.
- Yield: Makes 2 dozen
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2002
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons peach or apricot chutney
- 24 thin slices black or pumpernickel bread
- 1 pound smoked duck breasts, trimmed of fat, very thinly sliced
- 1 bunch watercress, cleaned and trimmed
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the plastic blade, combine butter and chutney; pulse until well combined.
Thinly spread chutney butter on two bread slices. Cover one with thin layers of duck and watercress; top with other bread slice. Use a serrated knife to trim crusts and cut into two triangles. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cover with damp paper towels until ready to serve.