Grilled Chicken Paillards with Endive and Radicchio
Charcoal-grilled chicken paillards, radicchio, and endive make a simple and delicious main course for a summer dinner party.
- Servings: 6
Photography: David Sawyer
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2001
- 3 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, split (about 2 pounds)
- 1 recipe Basic Marinade
- 3 heads endive, halved lengthwise
- 2 large heads radicchio, each cut in 6 wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 lemons, cut in half crosswise
- Rosemary sprigs, for garnish
- Thyme sprigs for garnish
Cut open two sides of a resealable plastic bag. Place 1 chicken-breast half in bag; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat pounder. Transfer to a nonmetal container. Repeat with remaining chicken. Add marinade. Chill for 2 hours.
Brush endive and radicchio with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside. Brush cut sides of lemons with olive oil.
Heat a grill or grill pan. Remove chicken from marinade; grill until browned and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to serving platter.
Grill endive, radicchio, and lemons until nicely browned, about 3 minutes; turn as needed. Serve on platter with chicken, garnished with rosemary and thyme.