Mixed Tomato Salad
A bit spicy, a touch sweet, this salad will be bursting with flavor -- especially if you pick the ripest tomatoes you can find.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 2000
- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes
- 1 pint yellow pear tomatoes
- 1 small or 1/2 large red onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, washed and chopped, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Halve the cherry and pear tomatoes. In a large bowl, mix the tomato halves with the onion and garlic.
Stir in the basil, cilantro, and cumin. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Let stand for at least 15 minutes to let the flavors meld. Garnish with basil sprigs.