Use this recipe when making our Blancmange.
- Yield: Makes 6 dozen
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2000
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Almond-sugar mixture from Blancmange, use 4 cups total
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 50 to 60 whole blanched almonds (2 to 3 ounces)
Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
In another bowl, combine the almond mixture with 2 eggs and the vanilla.
Stir flour mixture into almond mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoons, 1 inch apart, onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Press an almond into top of each cookie.
Lightly beat remaining egg in a small bowl with 1 teaspoon water; brush over cookies. Sprinkle generously with sugar. Bake until cookies are light golden and firm, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on rack; serve.