Make this for our Yeasted Coffee Cake.
- Yield: Makes enough for 2 yeast-risen coffee cakes
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2001
- 1 cup firmly packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
Combine sugar, flour, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, and poppy seeds in a medium bowl. Using your hands or a pastry cutter, cut in butter until well combined and crumbly; chill until ready to use.