Shrimp Salad Tea Sandwiches
Using sprouts in these flavorful sandwiches will add color and crunch.
- Yield: Makes 4 dozen
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2002
- 1 cup cooked medium shrimp (about 8 ounces), finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 24 thin slices white bread
- 3 ounces sprouts (optional)
In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, parsley, lemon juice, zest, Worcestershire, and mayonnaise. Stir to thoroughly combine; season with salt and pepper.
Thinly spread butter on two bread slices. Cover one with shrimp salad and sprouts, if using; top with other bread slice. Use a serrated knife to trim crusts and cut into two triangles; cut in half again to make four small triangles. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cover with damp paper towels until ready to serve.