Chocolate Pate Sucree
Use this crust to make any number of chocolatey treats.
- Yield: Makes enough for 1 nine-inch tart
Source: Martha Stewart Living, February 2002
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into pieces
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Place the flour, cocoa, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse several times to combine. Add the butter, and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. Add the egg yolks and vanilla, and process just until mixture begins to hold together, no more than 30 seconds.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and form into a disk. Cover in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until ready to use.