Arugula with Parmesan
This traditional Italian salad takes ten minutes to make. You can serve the extra dressing on the side.
- Servings: 6
Photography: Luca Trovato
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2001
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup good-quality olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 bunches fresh arugula, washed and dried
- 3 ounce piece Parmesan cheese
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss the arugula with the vinaigrette, and distribute among six serving plates.
Using a vegetable peeler, shave large shards of Parmesan cheese on top of each salad, and serve.