Tomatillo and Roasted Poblano Salsa
Fresh salsa and guacamole should be used as condiments for quesadillas, not sandwiched between the tortillas, since their flavor is stronger and served cool.
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Photography: Lisa Hubbard
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2000
- 1 pound tomatillos, papery skins removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 Roasted Poblano
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced white onion
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine the tomatillos, roasted poblano, cilantro, onion, and vinegar in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper.