Caramelized Corn, Zucchini, and Vidalia Filling
Couple this quesadilla filling with Chihuahua cheese and our Tomatillo and Roasted Poblano Salsa.
- Yield: Makes about 3 cups
Photography: Lisa Hubbard
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2000
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (1 large clove)
- 1 Vidalia onion, thinly sliced lengthwise into slivers
- 3 ears corn, cut from the cob
- 1/2 pound baby zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add oil, garlic, and Vidalia onion, and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add corn, zucchini, and 1/4 to 1/2 cup water, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and caramelized, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.