No-Churn Mint-Chip Ice Cream
Try substituting other flavors, like vanilla extract and bourbon, or almond extract and Frangelico with crushed cookies.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 1 standard loaf pan
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 2016
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon creme de menthe
- 2 cups chilled heavy cream
- Pinch of coarse salt
- 1 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate (70 percent cacao)
In a large bowl, stir together condensed milk, peppermint extract, and creme de menthe. In another bowl, beat heavy cream with salt until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into milk mixture, in two batches, until no streaks are left. Fold in chocolate. Transfer to a loaf pan; freeze for at least 6 hours and up to 1 month.