Grilled Game Sausage and Pears Over Cabbage
These sausages, which are great for outdoor eating, don't take long to cook and can be placed on the grill when your other food is nearly done.
- Servings: 10
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 1998
- 1 large head cabbage, cut into 8 or 10 wedges
- 1 1/2 pounds venison sausage
- 1 1/2 pounds pheasant sausage
- 5 Bartlett pears, cut in half lengthwise
- Quince Barbecue Sauce (optional)
Heat a grill or grill pan until medium hot.
Fill a large stockpot with salted water, and bring to a boil. Place cabbage in water. Reduce heat to medium, and cook until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain in a colander.
Place sausage and pears on grill. Cook, turning as needed, until lightly charred on all sides. Brush barbecue sauce on sausages and pears, if desired. Place cabbage, sausage, and pears on a platter, and serve.