Shrimp Cobb with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
For just-set yolks, place cold eggs in a saucepan; cover with 2 inches water and bring to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 6 minutes. Drain; transfer to an ice-water bath until cold.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August July/August 2016
- 4 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest, plus 3 tablespoons juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lightly packed chopped cilantro
- 1 bunch watercress, thick stems removed (3 cups)
- 2 hearts of romaine, thinly sliced (6 cups)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to paper towels. Remove all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet; return to medium heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper; cook in a single layer, flipping once, until opaque and firm to the touch, 3 to 4 minutes.
Whisk together zest and juice, oil, and cilantro; season with salt and pepper. Toss greens with half of dressing; transfer to a platter. Top with shrimp, tomatoes, eggs, avocado, and bacon. Season with salt and pepper; serve, with remaining dressing.