Simple Chicken Salad
This tasty chicken salad is wonderful in sandwiches or on top of a green salad.
- Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
Source: Whole Living, April 2011
- 6 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 tablespoons dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted almonds
Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Reduce heat, add chicken, and simmer until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and let cool. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
In a bowl, combine yogurt, Dijon mustard, chives, apricots, and almonds. Stir in chicken and season with salt and pepper.