Spinach Salad with Walnuts
Nutritious spinach gets a protein boost from walnuts and eggs.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, April 2004
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 minced shallot
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped fresh tarragon (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 3/4 pound trimmed spinach
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- 4 quartered hard-cooked eggs
- 8 ounces thinly sliced mushrooms
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, Dijon mustard, olive oil, shallot, and tarragon.
Add spinach, walnuts, hard-cooked eggs, and mushrooms. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Toss just before serving.