For a healthy breakfast, try this invigorating blend of berries, green tea, flaxseed, and low-fat yogurt. That's what we'd call smooth.
- Yield: Makes one 14-ounce smoothie
Photography: Krause, Johansen
Source: Body+Soul, April/May 2005
- 1/2 cup frozen organic blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen organic strawberries
- 1/2 cup chilled green tea, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat organic yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- Turbinado sugar or other natural sweetener to taste
Combine all ingredients in an electric blender and blend on medium speed until smooth, about 20 seconds. Garnish with fresh berries and serve.