Roast Pork and Vegetables
Roasting the vegetables, along with the pork, brings out their natural sweetness; the meat is moist, tender, and full of flavor.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2005
- 3 medium baking potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch-thick rounds
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 1/4 pounds boneless center-cut pork loin, tied if desired
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss vegetables and garlic with 2 tablespoons oil, rosemary sprigs, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Rub pork with remaining teaspoon oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Place on top of vegetables.
Roast, tossing vegetables occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into pork registers 150 degrees, 35 to 40 minutes. Let pork rest 5 minutes. Slice thinly; serve with vegetables.