Spinach Salad with Mushrooms and Blue Cheese
This healthy spinach salad recipe comes from Alison Vanek of White Plains, New York.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2005
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach (about 5 cups)
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, stems trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, diced
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese (scant 1/2 cup)
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper.
Add spinach, mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, and blue cheese to bowl; toss to coat with dressing. Serve immediately.