Spinach Dip with Pita Crisps
This recipe is perfect for a game-day snack -- and much healthier than the restaurant version.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2005
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped scallions (about 1 bunch)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Pita Crisps for Spinach Dip
Place spinach in a colander; squeeze out excess liquid.
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add scallions and garlic; cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes.
Transfer to a large bowl. Add spinach, sour cream, cheese, lemon juice, hot sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; stir well. Serve with Pita Crisps.