Salmon, Cucumber, and Green Bean Salad
The tender salmon with lime and cilantro dressing goes nicely with crunchy cucumber and green beans.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, December 2004
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillets
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound green beans, stem ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and cut (about 2 cups)
- 4 to 6 radishes, halved and thinly sliced crosswise (1 cup)
Heat broiler. Place salmon on a rimmed baking sheet. Season generously with salt and pepper; rub with 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Broil, 4 inches from heat source, until fillets are opaque throughout, 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, cook green beans in a medium pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes; drain, and let cool slightly.
In a large bowl, whisk together remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil, lime juice, and cilantro; season generously with salt and pepper.
Add green beans, cucumber, and radishes. With a fork, break salmon into large chunks. Add to salad; toss gently. Serve immediately.