Tuna Salad in Avocado Halves
A light and tangy tuna salad nestled in an avocado half makes a delicious light lunch. To round out the meal, serve crusty bread and crudite.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, December 2004
- 1 can (5.5 ounces) water-packed tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 finely chopped celery stalk
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
Combine drained tuna in a small bowl with mayonnaise, lemon juice, and celery. Season with salt and pepper.
Fill each avocado half with tuna mixture, dividing evenly. Garnish with celery leaves, if desired.