Easy Classic Guacamole
For many, cilantro is key to making the best guacamole. Our version can be made as an easy, nutritious lunchtime meal.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 2 1/2 cups
Source: Everyday Food, December 2004
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 jalapeno chiles, minced, ribs and seeds removed for less heat, if desired
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Pit, dice, and peel avocados; gently mash in a medium bowl with garlic and coarse salt.
Mix in tomatoes, chiles, onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Serve immediately, or press plastic wrap directly onto surface of guacamole (to prevent discoloration), and store in refrigerator up to 1 day.