Southwestern Pasta with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Goat cheese and our Spicy Pumpkin Seeds add a lot of zing to this pasta dinner.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, 2004
- 2 pounds plum tomatoes, cored, halved lengthwise, then halved crosswise
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces (1 1/2 cups)
- 6 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 12 ounces gemelli or other short tubular pasta
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, combine tomatoes, scallions, garlic, oil, pepper flakes, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat. Bake until softened, tossing halfway through, 30 to 40 minutes
Meanwhile, cook pasta. Drain; return to pot. Toss with tomato mixture and cheese; season with salt and pepper. Divide among bowls; sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.