In a few steps, you can make fresh guacamole to serve with toasted tortilla chips or to accompany our Grilled Cheese and Tomato Quesadillas.
- Yield: Makes about 2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2001
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro, chopped
Pit and peel avocados. Combine avocado flesh, garlic, jalapeno, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Mash with a large metal spoon until combined but avocados are still chunky. Stir in cilantro, and serve.