These lemony cheesecake treats come from Margaret Kolodji of Richboro, Pennsylvania.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 9
Source: Everyday Food, October 2004
- 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1 package (8 ounces) bar cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with 2 crisscrossed rectangles of parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
With an electric mixer, cream butter and brown sugar. Add flour, and mix until just combined; set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining dough into bottom and 1/4 inch up sides of prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth. Add egg, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla; mix to combine.
Spread filling in crust; crumble reserved dough on top. Bake until filling is set, about 25 minutes. Cool slightly, then cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour before cutting into squares.