Shredded Beet and Carrot Salad
Beets, which are rich in folic acid and vitamin C, are the primary ingredient of this simple salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, September 2004
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound raw beets, peeled
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1/3 cup coarsely torn fresh parsley
In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, honey, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cayenne, and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
In a food processor fitted with the shredding disk, shred beets then carrots. Add to bowl along with parsley, and toss to combine.