Tomato-Cucumber Salad with Basil Dressing
Celebrate the end of summer with this fresh tomato-cucumber salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, September 2004
- 3 beefsteak tomatoes, cored, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Salt and ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Cut each tomato wedge into four pieces; cut cucumber into 3/4-inch chunks. In a bowl, whisk vinegar with 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, oil, and basil. Add tomatoes and cucumber; toss gently.