Green Salad with Hard-Cooked Eggs
Keep your cool this summer by turning off the oven -- This delicious salad topped with cubes of Havarti cheese and slices of hard-cooked eggs is easy to make, and hearty enough to serve as a main course.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2004
- 1 large head romaine lettuce (1 pound)
- 1 pint halved grape tomatoes
- 3 stalks thinly sliced celery
- 6 ounces cubed dill-flavored Havarti cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper for seasoning
- Hard-Cooked Eggs
Cut romaine lettuce into bite-size pieces; place in a large bowl. Add grape tomatoes, celery, and cubed dill-flavored Havarti cheese.
In a small bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard and fresh lemon juice; whisk in olive oil in a steady stream until emulsified. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
Pour dressing over salad, and toss to combine. Serve topped with hard-cooked eggs. (See cook's note.)