Kristi Rochon's Gazpacho
Gazpacho is a favorite among the cold soups. This recipe comes from reader Kristi Rochon of Seattle, Washington.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2004
- 4 large tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), chopped
- 1 each red and yellow bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno chile, ribs and seeds removed, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces French bread, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
In two batches, process all ingredients except bread in a food processor or blender until combined but still chunky. Pour into a large bowl; add bread. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour or up to 1 day. To serve, stir in up to 1 cup water for desired consistency.