Grilled Chicken and Asparagus Salad
If you don't have a grill, you can cook the chicken, asparagus, and onion slices on a grill pan or under the broiler. You'll need to increase the cooking time slightly.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, June 2004
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 bunch (about 1 pound) asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
Heat grill to high. In a large, shallow bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons mustard. Add chicken, and turn to coat; set aside to marinate 30 minutes. In another bowl, toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon oil; brush onion slices with residual oil in bowl.
Grill asparagus and onion until charred in spots and fork-tender, turning as needed, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Grill chicken until browned and cooked through, turning once, 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
To serve, thinly slice chicken crosswise; halve asparagus crosswise. In a large bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons oil and tablespoon mustard. Add chicken, asparagus, and onion; toss. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in blue cheese.