Chicken Salad with Apples and Walnuts
Apples and walnuts add crunch to this chicken salad.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2004
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Half of a leftover chicken from Easy Thyme-Roasted Chicken with Potatoes
- 2 peeled and thinly sliced Golden Delicious apples
- 3 to 4 thinly sliced celery stalks
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Remove skin from half of a leftover thyme-roasted chicken.
Shred meat, and add to dressing. Add apples, celery stalks and walnuts. Serve over a bed of lettuce.