Reduced-Fat Herb Vinaigrette
Try this vinaigrette with different fresh herbs each time you make it.
Source: Everyday Food, May 2004
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh herbs (such as basil, cilantro, or parsley)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small garlic clove
In a blender, combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard, herbs, garlic, and 1/4 cup cold water; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Puree until smooth.
With motor running, add olive oil in a steady stream until emulsified.